Hello and questions about run key and show new

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Megamouth, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Megamouth

Megamouth Private E-2

Hey everybody,

Thanks for all the help and the excellent troubleshooting/assistance site. I think my machine might be compromised and it definitely has some issues. So I was going thru all the steps necessary prior to asking for help and have issues with runkey. The file name generated is not runkeys.txt but I do see numerous xrkey00.txt files having ran the program a few times. Am I doing something wrong? The command window initially says file not found, shows a few files then quickly closes. I tried to add the xp profile but still get similar results. Not sure what files shownew is generating. What specific file names should I be attaching from these two programs or should I attempt to go thru the setup of these programs again? I am running XP Pro with sp2.

Thanks.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Did you read the information provided for
    ShowNew
    and
    GetRun

Please post in the malware sections with as many of the tasks and logs done as possible.

And welcome to MG's!!

3. Megamouth

Megamouth Private E-2

Yes of course I did. I consider myself fairly computer literate but like I indicated these two programs are not producing the file names the instructions indicate. Why I do not know. Perhaps because of my machines issues, perhaps the programs were changed, or I did something incorrectly. Will try the steps again.

Thanks for the welcome!

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds