Hello and Thanks in Advance

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by drGonzo13, Jan 9, 2007.

1. drGonzo13

drGonzo13 Private E-2

I am new to this type of forum and wanted to say Hello!

I am lifetime computer user and have worked with support (for Flash Video/Audio Web conferencing).

This forum seems to run against the world's logic - the forum seems to be full of very UNSELFISH and HELPFULL people, it is REFRESHING!

I am experiencing a key logger in my computer and it is frightening to say the least. My computer is constantly trying to call out to an IP listed as a dummy BBC (dummy site for a host computer to collect and distribute my PC info).

The thread is listed under MALWARE REMOVAL, any help would be greatly appreciated as I have done steps 1 through 6 and this BBC trojan still persists.

=====
    I am a huge fan of Hunter S. Thompson (hence my login name) and of all things Music!

If you can assist me, I am sure I can send you some rare concert recordings (all legal) that I collect - that is if I can get it back under my full control

2. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi drGonzo13 and welcome to MGs,
    If you have posted in the Malware forum, then just give it a little time. Posts are answered oldest to newest so don't bump it.
    The malware guys are the best but they are volunteers and very busy as you can see. (Time for another thread thanking those guys:clap)
    They'll fix you up.:)

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

4. drGonzo13

drGonzo13 Private E-2

Good to be aboard. If I can get my own problem helped and repaired, I feel I will be able to assist others with their problem (at least in initial stages of removal).

BUT,
    This BBC Key Logger is kicking my butt. Its very frightening since it is currently logging everything I type. This means someone has my passwords, email, etc... not to mention I dont know how long I have been infected - I hope no CCard info has gotten out.

Nothing is finding it, yet my PEERGUARDIAN2 is constantly blocking my computer from connecting to this BBC dummy IP site.

Also, my computer is again trying to call out to 205.177.95.79, something referred to as BEYOND THE NETWORK AMERICA, INC.

Please help if you can!

I am a daytime worker (CST) and am on overnight (central time).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds