Hello from a newbie

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by leftbrainedmustdie, Jan 31, 2013.

1. leftbrainedmustdie

leftbrainedmustdie Private E-2

I had asked a question on this forum a while ago but not followed it up. I hope no one minds my coming on again to ask for help. If I had any I'd give it. I am not popular (not from anyone on this site) and so I think maybe I am a hacking victim. My mouse is moving around occasionally with a mind of its own and am unable to disable my remote sharing option which is enabled and greyed out. Many other things are also happening. A folder has created itself on my other partition where some files are auto-downloading, and accumulating--they look like windows updates, I don't know anything on this subject and will be much obliged for suggestions. Oh my wallpapers change on their own. I've tried doing destructive system restores to stop them only for them to start all over again

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome and what he said above /\ /\ /\ :)

To really help with malware you will need to follow up and stay the course of treatment, just like you would with medicine, if half done the virus is not really fully gone.

TimW and the team will help you through the steps needed after you follow that guide he posted and then post and attach your logs in the malware forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds