Hello from newbie Ernielou

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ernielou, May 29, 2006.

1. ernielou

ernielou Private E-2

I just thought I would introduce myself, I am ernielou and was directed to this site as I am a complete computer dunce.

It looks great, as long as I can understand the terms people use, be warned, I really do need idiot proof advice!

Ta, ern:confused:

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Welcome aboard, and thanks for posting. :)

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to post, there are plenty of knowledgeable people here only too happy to help.

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Steve

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Welcome, always a great idea to mention that your new here and learning computers if you feel your asking a "stupid question". We get a lot of those and there are no stupid questions and I think you will find people helpful here :)

5. ernielou

ernielou Private E-2

thank you very much for the warm welcome, I will probably be asking a lot of stoopid questions.

I love the idea of this site and I need to install a decent (free) anti virus and get rid of norton (which I have found the tool for here, thanks) and possibly generally clean up my system, but the range of software and resources available here is quite overwhelming for a noobie!

I am sure I will eventually stumble my way through it all, with a little help!

6. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Well we are glad to help and welcome to the WoG (World of Geeks) ;)

7. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

ernielou, here is a list which should make it easier for you, Must Have Downloads.

And don't forget to check out the stickies in the Malware Removal forum.

8. ernielou

ernielou Private E-2

I am a happy bunny

I now have no norton, new anivirus, cleaned up my computer and have ad aware.

it runs lovely:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds