Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ~kev~, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ~kev~

~kev~ Private E-2

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin, I'am from Texas, I work in the IT field and right now I am a network admin for a local business. I take care of the couple of servers we have and 4 offices.

My field of experience is mostly with small business high speed internet (cable modem and DSL), small business networks, security, hardware,,,, the usual stuff.

I went to Lamar College in Port Arthur, Texas for my education in computer information systems. Dropped out just a few classes before I got my degree. My ex-wife and I divorced and I went through a bad period of depression. During that time I could not focus on college so I just dropped out.

My first real IT job was setting up cable modems and providing tech support for an ISP in Houston, Texas. Part of my job was to go out to the customers house or business and connect their network or computer to the cable modem. I also did help desk for a little while.

Some of my hobbies include online gaming (right now I'am playing Left 4 Dead), hiking, camping and nature photography.

I also have experience with content management systems, forum software and web development.

2. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

[​IMG]
    to MajorGeeks Support Forums!!

[​IMG]

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG ~kev~:wave Glad to have you! Hope you enjoy yourself here, there are plenty of topics of interest, I am sure you will feel right at home here.. :-D

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome:)I hope you put all that IT expertise to good use in the forums plus the wages are great;)

6. armando98

armando98 Private E-2

Hey kev welcome, If I ever get my messages working ill send ya message got some messages concerning your line of work and how you got there. And whole IT thing, if ya dont mind me asking bro

7. iwunderdownunder

iwunderdownunder First Sergeant

g'day ~kev~

Welcome to Major Geeks from down under this is a great place to hang out learn heaps and help out others in the process.

8. Welcome to the forum mate! :) Hope you have a great time!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds