Hello from the Galaxy Dial Up

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Chim, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Chim

Chim Private First Class

I come here in peace from a galaxy far far away ... the Galaxy Dial Up. No lie. It's true. I have Dial Up Internet. In fact, that is why I am here.

Since around 2008, I had been over at the avast Forums. I got a lot of great help there on avast Anti-Virus topics as well as on many non-avast Anti-Virus topics. However, for some mysterious reason, within the last several weeks, apparently something in the behind the scenes functionality of the avast Forums no longer allows me to log in into the forums there with my Dial Up. Thus, I can no longer get ANY help of ANY kind from there.

Sooooo ... BAMM! :wave Here I am. It'll be great if there are some avast knowledgeable Geeks here for when I have some avast questions. And don't worry. I'm sure I'll also have plenty of non-avast-related questions.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. :)

3. Chim

Chim Private First Class

Thanks, Tim.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Chim, welcome to the forum and hope you find the advice you need or can help others out as thats always welcome, especially in security and malware issues.

5. Chim

Chim Private First Class

Thanks, David. If I do come across a situation where I CAN help someone, I certainly will. However, I'll admit there's not likely to be many of those times given that I'm not remotely of Geek status when it comes to computers, security and malware. Then again, I'm not a computer illiterate either. :-D I do definitely know enough so as to be able to perform the necessary periodic regular maintenance on my computer AND keep it free of malware.

And I'll also periodically perform maintenance and malware & junk removal on my sisters' computers. Well, as far as that malware & junk removal, I'm talking the regulation run of the mill malware & junk that can be removed with the resident Anti-Virus, MBAM, SAS, AdwCleaner, Junkware Removal Tool, CCleaner, Glary Utilities, Wise Cleaner, Etc. Any higher level malware & junk that requires higher level, more complex tools and knowledge ... I stay away from that. I know my limits.

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Chim

Know what we all dont start out as geeks, but over time we do become them, you never know what situation tech wise that you have fixed that someone else has not.

I have to say you are doing a superb job of keeping your sisters PC clean of junk, TBH thats the nitty gritty of PC work these days, so as you say if the issue is higher level you pass on to others and I do that too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds