Hello, I Need Help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Jodes57, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Jodes57

Jodes57 Private E-2

Hello there!

I'm very new to this website, I stumbled upon it while trying to figure out what's wrong with my PC. I've got a couple of problems I'm hoping I can get some help on but I'm nervous to post them in the wrong forums as I'm unsure exactly what the causes of my problems are. I suspect it's either a virus, malware or maybe both. It might be something completely off base, I'm a dummy when it comes to these things as I've never had a serious problem with any computer I've had. Is it alright if I post my problems briefly in here so that someone can possibly point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any help, very much appreciated and you all seem to know your stuff!

Jodi

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's. If you suspect malware, please follow these instructions:
    READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Once you have the logs we need, then start a thread in the Malware forum and attach the logs.

3. Jodes57

Jodes57 Private E-2

Thanks Tim, I will get right on it as that is my biggest suspect to my one problem. I appreciate the immediate heads up :)

4. Jodes57

Jodes57 Private E-2

Sorry for the double post but I've run into a problem that I can't seem to find an answer for. I've done everything on the list and am up to the part where I need to install and run the Superantispyware. Every time I try to install SAS, I get this message: "SuperAntiSpyware.exe is not a valid Win32 application". I've tried renaming the program and even then moving it to another folder and I still get this message and do not know what to try next. Thanks in advance for the next step :)

5. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Jodes57, welcome to MG :) carry on with the rest of the instructions on the Read & Run Me. If any other application has problems installing/running, note down the exact error message. Then start a thread in Malware removal. Post any logs you've managed to get along with the exact errors/ problems you've faced with any of the utilities.

Cheers :)

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds