Hello, I say .. finally

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by myguniscute, May 10, 2007.

1. myguniscute

myguniscute Private E-2

Hello everyone!

Been lurking around here, trying to get my computer to believe it wants to work for years.

I am a sufferer of many things hackerish and hackeresque, having both an ex-husband with a wife who went to some computer school or another where they apparently teach you not to hack the same way they teach high schoolers not to do drugs: scare you by telling you all the technical aspect of how to get it done! *sigh* and some woman who has issues with my religious beliefs who wants some Scottish guy I chat with. Or maybe she wants me. Hard to tell, really ... I guess she just wants attention.

Decided I may as well try joining in, instead of just hanging about. Though, truthfully, I don't have much advice to give or anything as, while I do know a fair bit about computers in a way it's the "the thingy isn't working so what you need to do is scroll up to that one file .." kind of way.

I have an old E-Machine Old as in 1995 or 1997 and that's all I can tell you about it, really. Well, I know it has more memory than it says it does and apparently is a survivor as I have had to wipe it and reprogram it many times over the years, it was moved from Alaska to Arizona very inadequately packed (I know because I did it myself), been banged around, peed on by a cat or three, had sodas spilled on it, and is the victim of fur balls and sticky Arizona dust. But, the computer my dad bought to replace it (the reason I ended up with this old banger) is long gone dead and there's been three more bought or hodge-podged together by him in the meantime.

I was following someone's advice on here about how to really clean the crap out of your computer (think it was Major Attitude) but after I did the first bits, having been off to Safe Mode and scanned it like crazy, I found I had quite lost the page and now can't seem to find it when I look up the same key words that got me there before. *sigh*

I do most of my posting on Matchdoctor.com, by the way; unless it's art: I do most of that kind of posting on Ringo or Deviant Art. Anyone who wants to have a looksie, feel free to ask and I'l give you the URLS I guess.

Anyway, great to be here. . be even greater if I could find that post I was actually following the advice of for a change!

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's..

4. myguniscute

myguniscute Private E-2

Thank you both! and aye: that would be the one, so thank you some more!

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Arrggghhh, glad to help, matey!

6. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds