Hello ie9

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Lango42, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Lango42

Lango42 Private E-2

I'm glad I found this site and being retired disabled and on pain meds I spend a lot of time on the puter. Only have slow dialup on a dell dimension 2400. today I read that IE9 is coming out and will not be available for XP. I have IE7 so please recommend a good system to use as I'm going to go to Win7. Its hard teaching an old dog new tricks. :cry Thanks

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

If you are in the market for a new computer and want some advice, you'll need to start a new thread in our Hardware Forum: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22

In it you should put down what exactly you use your computer for and your price range. There are just too many options out there so you'll need some parameters.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Welcome
    You say you are going to windows 7 so here is an insight to learning it.

http://www.softwaretrainingtutorials.com/ms-windows-7.php

Windows 7 needs a learning curve but it is worth the effort as it is the best thing from MS since XP, it is faster,safer and smoother.

Now you have found the site you need never be in the dark, there are always members here who are willing and able to help.

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    As for teaching an old dog, it depends on whether he is wanting to learn the tricks.
    We have some great teachers here.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds