Hello, it's just me the mekanic...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by the mekanic, Mar 11, 2009.

1. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Just a thread to say hello, and introduce myself to the community. I've been in the computer game since middle school, and still furthering my education everyday. My pals call me the professor, even though I don't have a PhD. I can fix almost anything short of a broken heart, and if it's something new I haven't seen before, I'll figure out how to fix it. Computers to cars to household DIY, it's good to know YOU built it. NO ONE else to blame when it blows up!!!! :-D

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! You know, my A/C does not seem to be cooling well in my truck... :-D

See you around!

3. PapaDuke

PapaDuke Master Sergeant

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

5. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Grab a thermometer and get the temp of the airflow out of the vents. Make sure the clutch on the compressor is engaging, and nothing is slipping. That's the simple tests to see if how the unit is functioning. Also, make sure your the air baffle for heat/cold air mixing is functioning properly. Mechanical or motorized climate control. I've seen the duct motors go bad, or in early '00 Chevy trucks the terminal plug for the fan has a habit of melting. More complex, bust out the gauges and check the head/backpressure against manufacturer specs. If your are low on refrigerant, get some dye and a UV light to check for leaks. That is, if you weren't just playin'...

Oh, and thanks for the welcome notes...

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Greetings :wave

7. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Well, I suspect the belt is slipping, I have gone through a ton of them over the life of my 1993 Nissan truck. Thanks for the trouble shooting tips. Trust me, I will need this sucker cranking out cold air in a month or so! :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds