Hello, my name is Sergio, and I am a Geek!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by slaponte, Sep 1, 2010.

1. slaponte

slaponte Private E-2

Hi everybody.

After having been sent here the last few viruses I have cleaned, and realizing THIS is where the answers are, I think it is time to join the geekdom.

My name is Sergio, and I have been in programming/support/management for about 30 years. These days I am an IT Director, but that doesn't mean much. I get my hands dirty removing viruses, malaware, replacing hard drives, etc...

Besides that I work on cars (have 4), my bike, build PCs for a hobby, play online games (GW, RoM), and play with my dogs (also have 4). The kids are grown, married and gone, the wife is now ex, with leaves me with lots of time for hobbies and work.

I hope I can contribute as much as this site has helped me.

Sergio

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome aboard!!! Nice to have you here and feel free to look around. We don't byte!! ;)

3. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, Sergio...

We need all the help we can get in the Support Forums, so jump right in...

Welcome to MG! :major

4. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.:wave:wave

(wiping a tear) Feels good knowing someone appreciates the effort everyone puts in, doesn't it?;)

5. winston05

winston05 Private E-2

Re: Trojan.Agent/GEN -Svc {fake}

Hello Everyone!,
    I have a problem Super anti Virus has found this trojan 8 different times now. Each time the two Trojans are quarnteened and I reboot. I have disabled system recovery etc. I can not seem to get rid of these two trojans. Sorry everyone I am not an expert at this not even close and I truly need help getting rid of these two Trojans. Could someone also explain what they do to ones computer and also what they cause. Are they used for spying etc. Here is the names of the two...Thank you very much :(

Trojan.Agent/Gen-SVC[Fake]
    C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\SYSTEMRESTORE\FRSTAGING\WINDOWS\IEDEL(442).EXE

C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\SYSTEMRESTORE\FRSTAGING\WINDOWS\RONCE(488).EXE

Super Anti Syware pics these trojans up. Norton never finds them And I just Down loaded Malware Bytes and it did not find them .. I update all 3 religously Im confused on how 2 of three do not find the trojans and the quarntine does not work on them from super anti spyware..

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Winston05, first, welcome to MG's. You should have started your own thread to introduce yourself instead of piggybacking on someone elses thread.

Now, those two items are in your system restore folders. The only way to remove them is to toggle system restore.

• Refer to the cleaning procedures pointed to by step 7 of the READ ME
      for your Window version and see the instructions to Disable System Restore which will flush your Restore Points.
    • Then reboot and Enable System Restore to create a new clean Restore Point.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds