Hello new here with questions

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by fritz123, Jun 30, 2006.

1. fritz123

fritz123 Private E-2

I am not sure where to post my questions so I guess i will start here.
    I did look around but could not find any answers.
    here are my questions:
    l. I have lost something because my resolutiong will only set on 640-800 and my screen doesn't fit the area it is to large.
    2. I also have very small black lines going from the bottom of the screen to the middle on the screen.
    Here is a little background, that may be helpful.
    My computer crashed about a week ago so i am using my daugthers laptop. It is thinkpad 1400/1500(2521) It is running Windows ME.
    Please direct me if there is any help.
    Thank you for your time.

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! :)

Post your question in the Hardware forum and one of our specially trained geeks will assist you.

3. ItsWendy

ItsWendy MajorGeek

Welcome Aboard! This definately sounds like a hardware issue, which is where you probably ought to post. Be sure to read the sticky notes, which will tell you what kind of information we'll likely want, things like brand of computer (or video card in this case, brand and size of monitor, yadda yadda). As for specially trained geeks, we're all in this together, We happen to be blessed with an abundance of people with lots of experience and training who happen to like to chat... a lot. ;)

Blades! You've changed man!

4. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Lol :D

5. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

Welcome aboard to the headquarters
    Why the join date in his/her in the upper right corner is 2004?
    So meaning he joined 2004 and post today? or because of the computer date/time or what???
    :)infoseeker:)

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Fritz, welcome back ;)

They may have joimed in 2004, but never posted.... a quick look at the back end of the members list, sorted by posts.. will reveal their are 1000s that are zero posters. Some have searched the worldwidewebby for info, come across MGs and register, use the info they need and just dont need to post, until they need to if at all.

All large web forums are the same, you may see 20k+ members listed but out of that number their will only be a core 200 ( if that ) members who post on a regular basis.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds