Hello, new to forum

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by noob for now, May 31, 2009.

1. noob for now

noob for now Private E-2

I wanted to say hello to everyone on this forum. I am new in the computer world even though I have been using them for years at my job. Have read a few posts already and tried a few things. Seems like a great site with lots of info. Hopefully I can learn and eventually contribute. So for now sending a hello wave:wave

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's!! Relax and stay awhile, we dont byte. :)

3. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Hello and welcome to MGs nfn :wave Great thing about this place is people like yourself who come along and decide to give of your own time for the benefit of computer braindeads like me. We are very lucky to have all the folk that volunteer their time here at MGs.
    *Cue stirring, patriotic music*.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello, and welcome to MG! :wave Glad to have you, and yes, there is a LOT to learn, and LOTS of nice people to help ya..

Enjoy, there is so much information, it is hard to take it all in at one time.. No point in overloading the brain!:-D Nobody here will bite, so enjoy ;)

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and a warm welcome :)

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

A warm welcome to a great site.

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

8. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

:wave Welcome to the best computer forum around!! Great people to meet and tons of great stuff to read! Enjoy :)

9. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome and enjoy the place. :wave
    Like you and many others here I'm still learning and will continue to learn lots from this place. The nice thing is you learn more then just about computers.;) There's an array of things you can and will learn. If you have questions Please ask as there are many of us here that sometimes don't think it's an important question or even a little ashamed to ask until we read the reply.:-orolleyes
    So go check out the rest of the forum and enjoy.:)

10. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

And some are currently on their best behaviour mode.:-D

11. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

And that does of course include you, h. See you spelling's improved. Thought you lot had a blind spot for 'u' after 'o'
    *Has quick look around for an admin. Then legs it.*

12. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Hehehe, agreed.:-D

13. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Teaming up, huh.

14. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

As TimW would say ,"Take it to the Lounge"rolleyes

15. noob for now

noob for now Private E-2

Thanks for the welcomes. I am currently trying to set up an old emachine I was given. I brought it back to life with a new power supply also a freebie and OS. IT works until i plug in the DSL on the nic card. Then the blue screen of death. I guess it doesn't like my card. Anyway pluggin' on through, I will defeat this machine. As a matter of fact the whole thing was given minus the OS :(

16. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Good luck on your project.
    If you run into problems, you have brothers and sisters here to call out to.

17. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

I see what you did there :p

Welcome aboard :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds