hello to all slight intro of myself...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by justlivordie, Oct 7, 2013.

1. justlivordie

justlivordie Private E-2

new to the geeks here although been a g
    eek for many yrs in private. love diy, crafter at heart. between arthritis n not likin 2 wear my glasses spellin may not be perfect. on a chromebook now dont care for thr limitations but keeps the flu out of the pc. stupid me forgot to back up a desktop ran a killdisk wiped everything out on one pc..... then had an older compaq desktop backed that up another ran killdisk on that same thing happened ..wipped everthing out again.lol no major files lost did tranfer before i thinkered. i got a thinkpad i figure i'd work on this slowly do more reasurch and ask questions. will says lookin for answers found you guys sight looks awsome. ...

....live out here in farm country made my own digital antenna for my tv modifide frm the web works great. hs anyone tried the can-tenna? workin on a modification for that also. buildin a green-house in the back, solar cells for the front, got glass works on the south side of the house. wine makin in the kitchen..can cook,bake, fish,camp. bein a mother of seven i multi task all the time....

.... x-men, lord of the rings, star trek, mavel comis, music dj for 3yrs redneck biker bars. hippi-biker chick.

Jill of all trades.. always room to learn more. slight attention defice. lol
    dye my hair blonde so i have a reason.. and men who eat jellybeans fart in techno color. i've rambelled enough

i do keep records of items ,recipes.ideas that i come across although my filing system is about 50 folders and 20 notebooks and bout 300 bookmarks on the pc.
    this old lady can ramble

2. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Hello and welcome to Majorgeeks,

In order to always have a backup, here's some tips:

If you purchase a Seagate, WD or Maxtor, you can get the Acronis Trueimage software (free) and make an image of your OS and

put it on your external hdd, or my preference - another internal hdd.

If you need to recover your OS ( including programs, updates, etc) you can do it with a few clicks.

You can also use Easeus for free and any hdd will work.

Good luck!!;)

Seagate - http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/discwizard/

WD - http://support.wdc.com/product/downloaddetail.asp?swid=119&wdc_lang=en

Easeus - http://www.filehorse.com/download-easeus-todo-backup/

If you use Easeus, pay close attention to any offers to change your homepage or include any other garbage - just click "custom" and uncheck those boxes.

3. justlivordie

justlivordie Private E-2

cool thanks for the info.. workin on brains today lol but thinkpad afta dinna

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds