Hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Larry Jones, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Private E-2

Just need a little help. On start up screen says: DNS BUFFER LENGTH >=1024. It is a warning icon. lj

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Welcome to majorgeeks!

That message doesn't really tell us much. (Accept that whoever wrote the program that is throwing the error only allocated 1024 bytes in the buffer for a dns lookup or something, but the error message would indicate the error has been handled.)

What program is it in relation to ?

3. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Private E-2

This is a window that popped up on bootup of cpu. It does not say anything other than DNS BUFFER LENGTH>=1024. I may not be a problem but how do I get it to stop. Also below it shows: dns_int

4. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Private E-2

DNS problem

On bootup, cpu shows: ! DNS BUFFER LENGTH>=1024. Dont know if this is a problem, but how do I remove it. lj

5. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Without knowing what the prorgram is that is doing it, its hard to give advice.

What programs do you have running at startup.

What does the title bar of the message box say ?

6. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Private E-2

Ref: DNS buffer length>=1024. The title is: dns_int

7. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Do you run outpost firewall ?

Check your DNS plugin settings. (I don't have outpost firewall so don't know where this setting is. You will need to consult the documentation)

The settings you need are:

# of records: 100

# of days: 7

8. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Is this before windows boots, or after. If before might be that your computer is trying to boot via the network and recieving errors. If after may try, this in the command prompt, netsh winsock reset, if windows sp2.

9. Larry Jones

Larry Jones Private E-2

I Resolved The Problem. I Removed The Outpost Firewall And Replaced It With Syngate Firewall. This Is In Reference To The Dns Buffer Length Problem. I've Never Had A Problem With Outpost Before Now. Its Always Done Its Job. Thanks For Your Help.:) :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds