Hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by cheryllcw, Jul 23, 2007.

1. cheryllcw

cheryllcw Private E-2

Hello, I am new to this and would appreciate any help that I can get. My name is Cheryl. My automatic updates said I had to install the security update for microsoft vm. But, when I try to install it comes up saying: this setup will only upgrade ove an existing version of the microsoft vm......security update 816093. I keeps telling me to restart my puter and it doesn't install. And I cannot get rid of the update notice in my system tray. Help please:cry

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

You have to have the VM (Virtual Machine) installed ....open the update and uncheck the box for that update...then hit cancel ...it should ask if you want to ignore it in the future ...you do!

Oh..and welcome to MG's ...for additional help ...post in the software section.

3. cheryllcw

cheryllcw Private E-2

I tried that and it just says how do you want to install, express or custom

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Custom ....then uncheck it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds