Hello.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by decaffinatedmeowmix, Aug 10, 2007.

1. decaffinatedmeowmix

decaffinatedmeowmix Private E-2

Hi I'm Tabatha, I'm from Utah 26 and I just found your site (though another site and I can't remember where, it was probably Merjin.org). I look forward to looking through the forums and gaining knowledge about my computer and maybe even meeting some nice people (maybe not meeting but chatting with).

:eek:
    At the moment I'm kind of wondering if it would be ok for me to delete my temporary files from Windows Disk Cleanup. I know I could do alot of things with CCleaner but I hesitate putting it on my new pc ( = LOVE ) and maybe I should. I also wonder about Hijack This and some of the disk defragmentors. I want to know more about how to extend the life of my pc and properly take care of it. It brings me so much joy and I'd hate for it to get sick because of something I'm doing.

Anyways it's nice to be here and hopefully I wont annoy anyone with my noob questions.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome Tabatha,

Yes I would delete any temp files as they are just as they say temps and not needed. CCLeaner is a safe application so long as you leave the settings at default as they come.

But if you want more detialed explanations etc then its best to post a new thread on a topic of interest of yours in the software forum.

You will not annoy anyone with "noob" questions, how can you learn without asking, so any question is taken seriously here no matter how simple you may think it is, so fire away in the appropriate forum area with your questions.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  3. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

4. decaffinatedmeowmix

decaffinatedmeowmix Private E-2

Thank you for the warm welcome, and it's very nice to have met you :)

5. chipper_atmacneil

chipper_atmacneil Private First Class

Welcome to MajorGeeks, Tabatha.:wave

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds