Hello.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Scoundrel, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Scoundrel

Scoundrel Private E-2

Hello Folks,
    I'm hoping to learn something here. At this point about the only thing I know about my computer is that I need to plug it in and then turn it on.
    I am also hoping that someone knows what Zango is. Is it harmful? How do I get rid of it?
    I downloaded an anti-spyware program and it failed to identify Zango. Anyone know of any freeware that will help me?

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to MG :)

Zango is considered spyware.

Do you have proper protection on your computer?
    Firewall
    Antivirus
    Antispyware

This is a great informative thread to make sure you are properly covering yourself:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44525

All the downloads on MGs have been tested and are clean. You mentioned you downloaded some software. You need to be very careful when you download free antispyware off the internet. There are tons of rogue programs out there that say they will help, but are considered harmful.
    You may need to take a trip over to MGs Malware Forum and go through the READ & RUN ME First thread if scans can not clean your computer.

Everyone is great here, ask for any help you need.

3. Scoundrel

Scoundrel Private E-2

Thank You Laura,
    I downloaded Advanced Spyware Removal from MG. I trust it's safe.
    I earlier had downloaded Spyware Doctor and it Id's Zango but will not remove items without a fee and I just can't afford that now.
    SD also noted that Zango is a High Threat and interferes with connection. I guess maybe that's why I can only get 24.0 when on the net.

4. LauraR

Anything you download from MGs will be safe. I can't give feedback on the Advanced Spyware Remover since I'm not familiar with it. I do know Spybot Search and Destroy is a good tool and one used by the malware experts here.

Good luck. :)

For anymore questions about Malware, or if you can't shake Zango, visit the Malware Forum. You will need to start a new thread of your own. Just an fyi though, you will have to go through the READ & RUN ME FIRST thread that is stickied up top before the Malware people will help you out.

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

7. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

I'm sure this post will be removed shortly as it appears to be spam, but I'd think twice before downloading anything from this outfit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zango

8. Scoundrel

Scoundrel Private E-2

Thanks Laura,
    Used Spybot and got rid of Zango and a host of other. Something in there disabled my firewall and virus protection. Actually it seems to have removed my virus protection. Now I'm looking for Virus Protection.
    Thank You.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

How to Protect yourself from malware!

To expand further on software to protect yourself, please post a new thread in the software forum :)

10. LauraR

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :) If you find that you are having continuing problems, keep the Malware Forum and the Read & Run me thread in mind. Sometimes it's hard to shake the stuff.

Halo answered your other question.

Good luck. :)

11. Scoundrel

Scoundrel Private E-2

Thank You,
    I do appreciate the response. Thank all of you.
    Scoundrel.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds