Hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Billdouglas, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Billdouglas

Billdouglas Private E-2

Hello to all who deem to read this.

Like most folks I guess (other than the originating members) here I came on board because of a severe dose of virus, trojan, hijackers etc.

This started a week ago, and following some of the excellent advice in the "open" threads, I mangaged to clean my machine. I took all the available advice (or so I thought), downloaded hijack this and suoerantispyware and spy bot and Stop Zilla - yada yada yada ..............
    and it all did as it was supposed to and things reverted to normal, until today! lol.

I got the mother of all pests I think! This beast removed my Avira, wont let me run hijack this and will not allow any internet access whatsoever (I'm on the better half's computer right now).

Duly chastened, I have now read the full pre requisites and I'm off to do them now.

Thanks up front for some first class advice.

Cheers,:)

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's......we will see you in the malware forum....:(

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to the forums :wave

4. Billdouglas

Billdouglas Private E-2

Thanks Tim, Thanks Kes,

Spyboy got the offending item and identified it as a hijack exploit and gave the name of the site responsible.

I wiped the log before i thought of this, but would it be useful in future to send a list of these as and when they happen - a kind of bad list (or do you have this already?).

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi, we may have had you attach the log from spybot S&D but more importantly we would have had you attach 4 more logs from running the malware removal procedures, those being:

• SUPERantispyware
    • Malware Bytes Anti-Malware
    • Combofix
    • MGlogs.zip

all attached to a new post in the malware section, and only after seeing all of those logs could we issue further instructions and eventually give you the all clear.

There may be more baddies lurking in the system, so do continue with the procedures outlined in the Read and Run me first.

Kes

6. Horsey

Horsey Sergeant

Hi and welcome to Major Geeks! :major

I'm glad your problem seems to be solved - emphasis on "seems to be", as I learned that the hard way a while back. :-D Do take the advice and follow through with the rest of the procedures.

The concierge will await your safe arrival, and the butler expects a tip. ;)

7. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

8. hello bill and a warm welcome to you the experts will have you up and surfing very soon .
    So on that note good luck and ask if you get stuck!!!!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds