Hello...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Samurai Joe, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Samurai Joe

Samurai Joe Private E-2

I'm Samurai Joe. Had another name, but forgot the password for it, so I made a different one. Place was pretty helpful the first time around.

Also, not sure where to ask this question: I notice that there's a lot of files on my computer that now have blue text, rather than the standard black. Not sure why this is... maybe because of AVG Anti-Virus Free? I only began noticing it now, and really wondering why it might be.

It also made me concerned if there's something in the computer. If I go into more detail, I'll ask about it in the support forums.

2. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

Welcome back Samurai Joe ... I'm sure this second time around on MG will be just as helpful as the first time.. :)

I hope you find the solution to your tech [blue text ] problem.... :)
    Maybe ask in MG's Software Forum... Good Luck :)
    Shelagh

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Software forum would be good for this type of question but the very quick answer is that the text Blue on file names denotes the file is Compressed (have you used file compression) if the text is green its an encripted file using EFS (Encrypting File System), Black as you know is normal.

Do post in software if you need to expand on this.

4. Samurai Joe

Samurai Joe Private E-2

Right, thank you. I've gone and done that right now, just to be sure. Again, thanks.

Basically just C&P'd the question, but in case there needs to be more detail in explaining it there, I thought that might help.

5. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there Samurai Joe and welcome to the forums ! :wave

6. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

7. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG Samurai Joe :wave I ma sure you will find answers to your questions here, in one thread or another.. Welcome! Glad to have ya!;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds