Hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Bricat1114, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Bricat1114

Bricat1114 Private E-2

Hi All,
    I am new here and would like to do things correctly. How and where do I get the system info for getting help and how do I copy a HJT list?
    TY, :confused
    Bri

2. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

Welcome to the forums! If you're having malware issues I would post the question in the malware forum of this website.

3. Bricat1114

Bricat1114 Private E-2

OK Hitest, Thanks I will start there.
    Bri

4. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Welcome BriCat. To add to what Hitest said, please be patient with awaiting replies, there are a handful of dedicated advisers on this board, especially in the Malware section. These guys devote a great deal of time to this but also have real lives. It's done for free and they are arguably some of the best advisers on the net. They WILL get to your post, but I'm pretty sure they take it as first come, first served instead of Newest Post first.
    They will help you and will likely solve your problem, but you have to be patient and work with them.

The only reason I post this is because I frequently see people repost a problem or bump posts or complain no one is answering.

You've joined a great forum with an awesome Admin team and members alike.
    Enjoy :)

5. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Welcome BriCat to MG

6. Goldenskull

Goldenskull I can't follow the rules

Welcome to {MG}

7. Bricat1114

Bricat1114 Private E-2

Hello Nedlamar, BoredOutOfMyMind, and Goldenskull:
    Thank You all for the warm welcome :major I do appreciate any and all help that you all can offer. Yes I do understand that you guys are very busy and Thank you in advance for taking the time to message me back :).
    Take care and Have a Merry Christmas :highfive
    Bri.

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome to the forum,

Sadly HJT logs are not that great these days and will only show a small portion of malware on a PC, I see that kestrel13 has answered your post in our malware forum with the malware guide link, the link and guide will take you through 1st steps to remove malware and create some logs that you should attach to your post in the malware forum.

then with these logs out malware experts such as Kestrel13 will issue you some custom followup steps to remove the malware. I say custom for other readers of this as malware removal is in many cases PC specific and while some generic steps will work some wont.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds