Hello....

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Cheryl1980, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Cheryl1980

Cheryl1980 Private E-2

New to the site, kind of, used to get on a few years ago and got such useful help that I had to come back again. I am basically needing to get rid of a trojan and this about:blank that keeps setting my home page. I have downloaded and ran:

1) AVG Free
    2) Spybot - Search and Destroy
    3) CC Cleaner
    4) Remove It Pro ST-XE

Some things have been removed, but not all and that is why I am posting for help.

Now, I know there are several other things that I should probably download and do but I have been through so many of the exact same things being said over and over again in the FAQs that my mind is going numb. I know when I was on the site before, someone had me download a hijack this thing and then post what turned up but I can't find a link for hijack this on this site. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Cheryl

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Hi and welcome to MajorGeeks Cheryl.

The people best equipped to help you are in the MalWare Removal Forum.

Follow their advice in the stickies, and if necessary you can post there explaining your problem.

The people are second to none and really know their stuff. I'm sure they'll be able to sort you out.

Good luck.

3. Cheryl1980

Cheryl1980 Private E-2

oops, sorry, meant to add a post on here that I also posted this in Malware. Thanks!

And nice to meet you...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds