Helloooo there;

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Katertot, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Katertot

Katertot Private E-2

Hello there, I'm new and I'm hoping to get the help I need, since it seems no one else can. Btw, I've never joined or posted in a forum before. So I'm REALLY new.

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to the BEST place for help.

3. Katertot

Katertot Private E-2

How long does it usually take for people to reply to a thread? Because I haven't had any since I posted mine last night.

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi

It depends on who's on and what the issue is as we are all volunteers here.

I looked at your threads and it looks like you want help with Malware. Malware has a few Malware removal experts who are the only ones authorized to aid people in that forum. They take oldest threads first so reposting knocks you to the back of the queue.

I noticed you did not go through the required procedures: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker)

They will not be able to help you if you haven't attached the logs that are asked for.

5. StruldBrug

StruldBrug Sergeant

Hi Katertot ... Welcome to MG:wave

6. Katertot

Katertot Private E-2

Well, I originally posted it in the hardware forum and I'm guessing because I tagged malware it changed? I really just want to know how to reset my pc to factory settings. I don't have any malware anymore, cause I got rid of them already. I have a rootkit. But everything I tried hasn't worked, so I just want to wipe my pc.

7. LauraR

Hi....I was going to move your thread to Software for you. However, I noticed that TimW asked you to also run an MBR check. There are a number of infections now that affect the MBR.

I asked one of our Malware experts and this was his response:

In order for you to be sure what is involved, it is recommended that you go through the procedures in the post by TimW in your thread.

This is, of course, up to you. Btw...our Malware experts are some of the best. :)

If you still want to go forward with just a factory reset, I will be happy to transfer your thread to Software and maybe someone in there can help you.

Let me know.

8. Katertot

Katertot Private E-2

I really appreciate you going out of your way, as of now I'm doing the instructions TimW gave me and I've just started scanning, even though it will take me aaaaaages, I'd rather spend an entire night scanning than have to get rid of everything I have!

9. LauraR

Not a problem. They really are awesome in there. Just follow all the directions from start to finish. Anything you can't do, skip over and move on to the next. Attach all of your logs. They will get you fixed if it's possible. :)

Good luck.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds