Help Gaining Access To Old Account Profile

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by montecarlo1987, Jul 7, 2020.

1. montecarlo1987

montecarlo1987 Private First Class

Hello LauraR:

Nice to meet you! I need your help! I hope I have the right person as the title to this forum at your Welcome Center is an appropriate place, I thought I would begin to seek help. This is a long story and I will try not to diverge from my point here. Let me get right into it now.

Tonight (July 7th, 2020), I have decided to rejoin your online forum after many years of not belonging to MajorGeeks.com. (Sorry!) ...but it is never a bad time to rejoin. :) Here is the thing. I was a former member of MajorGeeks a long time ago under an old account. Not completely sure what the associated e-mail address I had with my former MajorGeeks.com forum account, I entered my currently active e-mail address at signup with your forum. I pretended that I lost my password and selected it be sent to my current e-mail address, so this way I would request a new password and have access once again to my MajorGeeks.com forum account. The response back once the request was submitted is that there is no MajorGeeks.com account associated with my currently active e-mail address. Then I knew the MajorGeeks.com forum account was under my older non-functional deleted no fault of my own Lavabit.com e-mail account. Lavabit.com was deleted after the Edward Snowden case (Recall, worked for the NSA?) where Mr. Snowden was using his Lavabit.com e-mail account to conceal his physical location due to Lavabit.com's world-class encryption from the US Federal Government in 2013. What happened is the US Government (specifically, the NSA) wanted Lavabit.com's SSL encryption keys to access Mr. Snowden's e-mails. What resulted was the entire dismantling and shutdown of all Lavabit.com and their thousands of customers' accounts (including me) literally overnight. I instantly lost complete access to my Lavabit.com account in 2013. So there is no way I can access an e-mail sent from your server a password reset to my former Lavabit.com e-mail as it no longer exists. Yes, Lavabit.com is up and running since this debacle, but it is a much different company and I have never re-joined up with them since this debacle. How do I know my MajorGeeks.com forum account under my Lavabit.com e-mail is still active with you? I discovered by doing another password reset using my old deleted Lavabit.com e-mail account address to send that the recovery password message to. Your system indicated the recovery password message was successfully sent to that old deleted Lavabit.com e-mail account. So you still have my old account. However, that recovery password message is now lost in cyberspace. Therefore, I created a new account with MajorGeeks.com and even tried using my old username I had with my old former MajorGeeks.com forum account at sign up but received a message from your system that it was already used -- Yes, it's me. So I had to alter the username for this new MajorGeeks forum account a little so your system would accept my new account. It is the same person, me!

What I would like to do, is get access to my old former MajorGeeks.com forum account. Yes, I just created a new account now with you. I see I more or less had to create a new MajorGeeks.com forum account in order to get access to someone of authority (like a forum administrator) internally within this forum to ask for help. I would like to have my former MajorGeeks.com forum account connected to this e-mail address I have used when I created my new MajorGeeks.com forum account I just created here. Please help me. I have left out details as to my username and e-mail address for security purposes as this posting is public. You can, however, decipher and figure this data of mine out as you have access to my internal account being a forum administrator unlike regular members here on this forum.

Please reply and please help me get access to my older former MajorGeeks.com forum account. If you need more details or have questions, you can contact me here or my new MajroGeeks.com e-mail address you have access to.

Please reply soon. Thank you!

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

@montecarlo1987

You should be set. I found the account and merged them and changed the email address to the gmail one you had listed on the newer account. Please reply to my email if you have any issues.

DavidGP likes this.
  3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Awesome brill Laura, Monte I hope this all works and do let us know?

4. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

He's good to go, David. :) He emailed me that he was able to change his password and log in.

DavidGP likes this.
  5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Fantastic, thanks Laura.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds