Help needed pls

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Clare, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Clare

Clare Private E-2

I have, well my PC has recently developed several versions of the Trojan virus, namely Trojan Horse, Trojan Vundo & Trojan Adclicker. I have run all the scans possible and tried to remove them using the recommended tools in both normal and safe modes but nothing seems to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. thx

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Welcome to MG's :wave You got here the same way many do.
    Go to this link and follow the directions exactly and then post the logs they ask for. They will get you a clean machine.
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Don't let the picture that pops up scare you, just scroll down to the second post and start there. LOL

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. Clare

Clare Private E-2

thanks for the advice and link. worked through it last night and now my Norton is saying I have 12 threats on the system (?), so I think I'll re-do the process again just to be sure I did it right the first time around.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Clare....you need to start a thread in the malware section and attach the requested logs .....running the procedures will not clean the system ...it will give us the information we need to do that...:)

6. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

Make sure that you follow all of the steps correctly.
    Once you have posted the requested logs, the Malware removal experts will analyse them and advise you on any further steps that you may need to take

Good luck :)

7. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Welcome, as suggested post in the relevant forum :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds