1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP not a valid win32 application!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by buffboy_0212@yahoo.com, Nov 17, 2004.

1. i have a zip file that has HTML code in it. I need that code. I get the ERROR C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Chris's Briefcase\HTML files.zip is not a valid Win32 application. PLEASE HELP!!!!

2. snakefoot

snakefoot Sergeant Major

Sounds like the zip have have is having the wrong extension, check your Folder Options in windows and make sure that extensions are not hidden, and then check that the zip-file in question has .zip as extension.

Another possibility is that the program used for opening ZIP-files have become damaged(By virus/HDD failure or similar) and it is no longer able to start properly. Reinstall the program used for opening ZIP-files.

Instead of double clicking the file, then start either of the following programs 7Zip/WinZip/WinRar/WinACE and open the zip-file through the user-interface of the program in use.