Help using Forums 'Search' option.

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by rob0cop, Jun 28, 2006.

1. rob0cop

rob0cop Private E-2

Well, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but like Major Attitude says here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31333:

So I go on.

The question is: how can I do a search that returns only threads that contains BOTH the two words I type?.

Example:
    1.-If I do a search typing only the word 'win32k.sys' (without the ' symbol) there are 41 results
    2.-If I do a search typing only the word 'Ntfs.sys' the results are 498
    3.-If I do a search typing BOTH 'win32k.sys Ntfs.sys' I expected ONLY the threads in which BOTH words appears, so a number equal or less than 41.
    4.-NOP. The result it's 497.

I've tried typing the word AND between the two words to search, typing two words with only a blank space between them... but the search seems to understand my question like if I use OR between the words. Not like if I use AND.

Any link or suggestion to do this?

Thanks everybody in advance.

Rob

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Rob

you could try in Advanced Search and under the title "Search by Key Word" choose in the drop down box "Search Titles only" that will produce less, dont thing the search really uses the search commands the likes of google uses to narrow a search down sadly.

May actually be easier for you to post your question in the software forum on whatever info you need on 'win32k.sys Ntfs.sys' .

3. rob0cop

rob0cop Private E-2

OK, thanks halo.

Probable the best thing it's

So, after many hours searching around I'm going to do that.

Thank you very much, again.

Rob

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Not a problem Rob :)

No-one can say you didnt give the search option a good go ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds