Help

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by hebrewhottie32, Jul 16, 2009.

1. hebrewhottie32

hebrewhottie32 Private E-2

Hi, I just got a Gateway laptop. It's not new but i'm having a big problem. I turn the computer on and it logs in and everthing but after 2 minutes or so a blue screen pops up quickly and the computer restarts. What should i do?

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome hebrewhottie32:wave to MG. You have come to the right place ;)Please post your question in the Software thread, as there are a LOT more eyes over there, and they may want more information . They should get it sorted out for you ;)

3. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Hey there Hebrewhottie, OH I just love that name,and welcome to the best forums around.
    You've come to the right place for that kind of help....shoot for any kind of help.Do just what TeeCee said about posting in software. I'm sorry to hear of your miss fortune.:( But trust me these people will get you back on track. That's something that would happen to merolleyes:-o. They just see me coming:-D. Not anymore since I've been here. I have learned so much and I'm still learning:strong. This is an awesome place. Have a peek at the other forums and don't be skittish about asking or even answering any questions.(just not in the Maleware forums they have the best pros there) No such thing as stupid or dumb Questions around here. Hope to see you around the forums.:wave

4. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Welcome to MajorGeeks, Hebrewhottie. :wave I like that name, too. With that kinda name, you can turn a few heads your way. Hope you a female....:p

Anyway, enough of the pleasantries. Enjoy your stay with us. Do hang around when you get your lappy mended. Oh! The unfathomable joys of computing! Don't y'all just love it? rolleyes

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. hebrewhottie32

Thanks everyone i posted it in software and i got a really helpful response, and did what it said and it woked. But now i'm just waiting for a reply so that i know what to do, now that i've found the problem. And yes i'm a "female" lol

7. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

Hi and welcome!! It is always nice to have another female join the forum :) Glad to hear that you are getting your problem fixed!! Enjoy!

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Just what we need.:cry Another female to pick on the guys.rolleyes
    Just kidding.;) A very warm welcome to Major Geeks.:wave

9. hebrewhottie32

ALL FIXED!!!:cool

10. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hey that is GREAT! Good to hear when all goes well! Yup, us gals have to stick together!! :-D

11. hebrewhottie32

Ok this may sound like a weird thing to ask but do you guys know how to find a person's address on the computer with only know their name, and their general location

12. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Not wierd at all... Go to www.whitepages.com and just search within a particular state. You can search surrounding area also, but if it is a common name, you may get a LOT of results... I found several people with my name! :-D It is interesting to do too....;)

13. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Glad to here you're up and running;) Now, no excuses for not visiting the rest of the forum:p Just kidding, but it is a great place here. :-D

14. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to MajorGeeks :)

15. hebrewhottie32

I've tried but he has like the most common name in all of new york, stein lol

16. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

OK, that could be a problem in NY.... That is a tad large... :confused
    If you know his age, try this: http://www.zabasearch.com/;)

17. He Lives

He Lives Private E-2

are there any sites you can go to that are free?Some say they are and find the person but want $ to yell you any thing.I would love to know,I have not sees my brother in about35 years.There are some others I would love to find very much.:)

Thank you very much

18. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hi, try both links I posted below... both are real good, and for basic services, you can find almost anyone, but they do charge for background checks, but that is all.. You do not have to pay for anything unless you want a background check.. Try the http://www.whitepages.com and if you can't find it there, try the
    http://www.zabasearch.com

With ZABA search, you will get a more detailed result, including date of birth and wives, etc... That is all free, and if you want any extensive stuff, sure, they will charge for that, but I have used both and just for finding people I lost touch with, and was all free and I got great results... Hope you find who you find them ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds