Hey all

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mike hatfield, Mar 6, 2008.

1. mike hatfield

mike hatfield Private E-2

I ve got a question ,wich iam sure most new subscribers do, i would like to now how to change the user account name on an older account. I bought a lap top and my girlfriend assumed the user acount that was already present. I changed the name and every thinbg but for some reason every time she tries to log on to her account the name that is already shown is the name of the previous owner. If anyone knows a way to take a name and search the whole computer and change it for all the entries i would appreciate the help

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Hello, Mike, welcome to Major Geeks

:major

This forum is just a welcome centre for you to introduce yourself and us to say hello. It also shows you how to post a thread.

You need to start a query thread in the software forum to ask your question.
    When you post queries give as much information as you can about the system as well as the problem. Also an indicaction of your level of expertise can be useful. In this case you will need to edit the registry to answer your problem.

I assume you are talking about Windows XP?

3. mike hatfield

thank you for the help and i will remember that in the future

4. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

6. mike hatfield

that ive already done. but for some reason the other name keeps popping up in certian folders. when i tried to change them my girlfriends stuff all was deleated i have returned all the lost files but the name still hasent changed on all the folders.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds