Hey everyone, new and need help with malware

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by unique25lxi, Nov 20, 2009.

1. unique25lxi

unique25lxi Private E-2

Hello, I was using my computer last night and I got a fake virus protector pop up. It made all my icons disappear and wouldnt let me do much of anything. I am on a computer that has two user accounts on it. Whatever this is it will not let me log on in safe mode. I get a blue screen that states there is an error. I ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and removed everything they found on both user accounts but everytime I restart my computer the same files return. They are _ex-08.exe ,3076r.exe , 1025w.exe and some files that have all random numbers.exe and one that always starts with WPV+random numbers.exe. I am at a lost here and could use someone who has a great knowledge of computers than I do.

Thanks

Joe

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and Welcome to MGs. :)

You will need to head over to the Malware Forum and go through all steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide. Then you will need to post the logs that are asked for in a new thread. They are great over there and should be able to help you out.

3. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome unique25lxi
    You've come to the right place.
    Go here http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 and do the Read & Run Me First then post your logs . If you run into problems write down what the problem was and put it in your post with your logs BUT DO continue the R&R 1rt as far as you can. Try not to double post as it will only set you back for getting help. If you have new info/updates/logs then yes post again.
    We have a great staff of malware fighters here and they will get you through your situation. Mean while have a look around and enjoy the place
    See ya around.:wave

BT

Man I need to start typing faster or take steno classes.rolleyesLOL

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG unique25lxi:wave You have some great advice there, and I am sure they will get you up and running again! Take your time, and you will be fine;) Glad to have ya!

5. unique25lxi

unique25lxi Private E-2

Thanks for the replies everyone. Before I start though I was wondering, since there are 2 users on this computer and I can not get into safe mode, should I run these prgorams on each users side and post 2 different logs or will running it on one users side cover both users? Ugh hope that makes sense :)

6. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Run them on any account that has admin privileges.

7. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to the forums :)

8. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to the forums :wave unique25Ixi !

9. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds