Hey Everyone - Virus Problem Need Help !!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by MrDaddyCool, May 27, 2010.

1. MrDaddyCool

MrDaddyCool Private E-2

Hey Everyone,

My Name is Phil from Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am a first time poster, so sorry if i make any mistakes. The reason i have signed up to this forum is because i am having some serious problems with a virus that is seriously doing my head in lol. Basically its a pop-up on my desktop,which has a sercurity like word box. It is asking me to type in the words that are displayed, for example - Jovial Of, would be displayed and i would be asked to type these two words into the box for sercurity purposes.

I have never come across this kind of virus before and believe me i have had alot of viruses on my computer, which i am sure alot of you have. Last night when the pop-up returned i decided to do both a Spyware search with Spybot and a Virus search with AVG 9.0. This came across few viruses, which were deleted. I thought i had gotten rid of the virus, but this afternoon it popped up again and hasnt went away for a good 4 hours. I checked the processes to see if i could find the name of the .exe and came across OME.exe and SYSSEC.exe. When i closed both of these processes, the pop-up disappeared for about 20-25mins but returned once again.

I am curious if anyone else has come across this or if its a common virus and if anyone has had this virus on there pc and gotten rid of it, as i have typed in both OME.exe and SYSSEC.exe into google and seen very little about the virus.

Any kind of help would be very much appreciated as i am losing my patience and seriously considering system restoring my computer because of it.

Phil Dougan

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

3. ShelaghRoyale

ShelaghRoyale Sergeant

Welcome to MajorGeeks MrDaddyCool :wave

Shelagh :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds