Hey! I AM the dang Administrator!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by EllenOutWest, Nov 6, 2008.

1. EllenOutWest

EllenOutWest Private E-2

Okay... here goes... my 1st post on this site...

Home computer is Windows XP, and my laptop is Vista. QuickBooks 2007 installed on both -- and operations between the two computers have been flawless for a year. I'd work in the QB program on the home PC, save to my little flash drive, then "restore" the newer data onto the QB program on my laptop for when I was out working in the field. Worked flawlessly.
    Now... in the last week or so, I can no longer "restore" the updated QB info onto the laptop. Here's the exact message I get:

C:\ProgramFiles\Intuit\QuickBooks2007\HECOElectric,Inc..QBW
    You don't have permission to save in this location.
    Contact the administrator to obtain permission.
    Would you like to save in the Owner folder instead?

What happened? so that all of a sudden, I am no longer the Administrator?
    How do I correct this issue?
    Thanks for your help!

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and welcome :wave you should post in the software forum where you will receive assistance more quickly, as this is just the welcome centre.

Best of luck
    kes

3. EllenOutWest

EllenOutWest Private E-2

Yikes! I obviously don't know what I'm doing... this is my first time trying to post anything, anywhere... and I guess I'm doing it wrong...
    HELP!

4. Kestrel13!

No problem.... :) make a new post in software

5. EllenOutWest

EllenOutWest Private E-2

Thanks! I think I got-er-dun ;)

6. Kestrel13!

you're welcome! I see your in good hands with StudioT :)

7. feisty

feisty Private E-2

Help please

Hi - this is my first time on this website and I can't work out how to post a new thread so sorry if I am mucking up someone elses posts.

Could someone please help resolve some of my computer issues. We have a stand alone PC and a laptop mac which are connected via a wireless router to allow access to the internet with a broadband connection.

My issue is that I can access email and the internet on my mac but the PC will only allow access to my email (outlook) and will not let me into the internet. It will open explorer but then will say webpage not available and come up with a connectivity error saying unable to connect and wan miniport error 673 (ppopce - or something like that). I have no idea what this means. Is anyone able to help. I have been into network connections and that indicates that we have a broadband connection saying disconnected and the wan miniport thing and the other connection is a LAN which is connected which is the wireless internet.

If anyone can help that would be much appreciated.

Thanking you
    Feisty

8. Kestrel13!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds