Hey there everyone! : )

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by csbraj, Feb 15, 2009.

1. csbraj

csbraj Private E-2

Hi everyone. My name's Carolyn, and I'm a new user to the forum. Sorry that I only found this forum after my computer got hit with some (yeah, right) malware a few days ago. Hope that someone can help me. It's great to see so many knowledgeable people, as we PC users seem to become by necessity. SIGH!!! Thanks and nice to meet everyone - Carolyn :wave

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Carolyn and welcome to the forum.

If you still have malware issues then do run the below and then start a new thread in the Malware area of the forum and attach all the logs so that the malware experts can help you remove the pests.

Do mention also what sort of issues the malware is causing, like if your antivirus finds it, what is the name of the malware, if its popups then what are they called, if a browser re-direct, where is it taking you.

READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

3. csbraj

csbraj Private E-2

Thanks so much for the welcome. It's good to know that there are others who can't sleep. : ) I have actually done as you asked (I got a little antsy), and have hopefully described everything that you need. Look forward to any assistance as malware is an unfamiliar territory for me. At the forum's suggestion, I have already upgraded SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes to fully registered programs. Anything else that I should do? And should I remove StopZilla as it seems that I have too many malware programs now?

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds