Hey

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by zorurith, May 24, 2009.

1. zorurith

zorurith Private E-2

Originally I came to this site to download that reliable AVG anti-virus program. Though spyware program had to be downloaded somewhere else. :(

But would like to see how the community is.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Welcome to Majorgeeks

Pitty the Antispyware app needed to be downloaded somewhere else? what was this app? I know we had a major crash of server that the downloads site is hosted on so hopefully back up to speed soon.

I thik you will love the community as we take everyone at face value and cater for all knowedge bases, if you a tech or novice we cat tailor our replies for you, we do pride ourselves on quality of posts over qualiity.

3. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Hello, Z. Welcome to MajorGeeks :wave
    You've definitely come to the right place to download security software. Don't go anywhere else. The top drawer advice and help is free to all who need it as well. The friendliness of this place is second to none.
    There's more to say, but this ain't the place. Right, trucks? ;)

4. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

:wave and welcome to the best forum there is!!!!

5. silas

silas MajorGeek

Id like to say welcome to the community. There was an issue not to long ago which cause some stuff to mess up for little bit. But like Halo said what app was it?:wave

6. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

a warm welcome to the forums :)

7. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

[​IMG]zorurith, I'm an AVGer too,
    and as the rest said this is a greet place just had a little set back but not to worry the best team is on the job.MajorGeek Team that is.
    And your absolutely correct JOTS We have tons of places to learn from as well as voice our opinions:mad in the Off Topics area http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54 There's a lot to do and see as well as learn here,( I'm still learning myself) So jump in and enjoy;)

8. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

@ JOTS.
    Championship football next season LOL

9. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.;)
    Couldn't have timed it any better.Very rare occasion.
    Joey and bigtrucks actually agreeing and getting along?:confusedAm I at the right forum?rolleyes
    Also as previously stated, a great place to learn and help.:wave

10. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

The one good thing to come from it is that next season we win the Championship, then the Premier League in 2010-2011, then the Champion's League in 2012. In my dreams. Thank You NUFC. Bloody soap opera. Biggest laughing stock in England.

Normal service will be resumed soon.

11. zorurith

zorurith Private E-2

Well this computer isn't the one using the programs atm because my main desktop needs a new power supply lol

However I remember the spyware I'm using is Spybot. I tried downloading and using the spyware like Spy Doctor I think it was from this site but it didn't seem to update...

Anyway thanks for all the warm replies, I think I can find much fun and help here. I'm a complete novice with comps.... hey I did try taking a course of CSE once.... but wasn't really my thing. :cry

12. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

13. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds