Hi All, Thanks for the Forum

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by apptec, Jan 10, 2010.

1. apptec

apptec Private E-2

Hi all form Australia.

I had a problem with my laptop, with Antivirus 2010 and Internet Security2010 both at the same time. I couldn't do anything, even starting in safe i had pop ups all over the place. I check out this site from a google link, read a couple of solutions that had been given, downloaded Malware bites, and eventually removed 55 infected files/folders/reg enteries etc...bob's your uncle and i'm up and running again.

Thanks to all for the forum and the detailed responses you give us computer illiterates.

Now I have a problem with my daughters desk top, cant even open malware bites. So i'll head over to malware forum for some help

Regards
    Harry

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Sure come to the right place.Best MW fighters you could find.
    They will get you back in shape.
    Just remember, they donate their time, so may take some time,so be patient and don't bump your thread.
    Feel free to post in any others or enjoy some informative and amusing reading while waiting for them.

3. silas

silas MajorGeek

Hello and welcome to the forums! IMO best and most trustworthy computer site. Also I just wanted to add when you have virus/trojans/malware spyware anything! You should do this link http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 (Read and Run). And follow all steps exactly. Also people just do the scans and sees the computer(acting better) but really this stuff can still be hidden in your computer where you won't see it! And that is why I suggest posting in the Malware section and re running the scans. Because the Malware team can see(behind the scenes) where we cant. Also just a note never do what someone else does in there thread to fix there computer(even if they got the same virus name) Theres specific fixes for each computer. So Id do the read and run again, post all logs and wait few days for response. Also they can take few days up to a week to reply. They go from oldest to newest.. SO bumping a thread online hurts.

4. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there apptec and welcome to MG :wave , i suggest you take a little advice and listen to what silas has just told you, or else you'll only be running into more trouble in the future, because you don't see whats lurking in the background afterwards !

5. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG apptec:wave You will see many Aussie's here, and you will feel right at home before long! ;) Glad you could join us. Hey, don't worry, we all started out the same way. :p

6. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

Welcome appy.:p

Just be patient and try to follow the instructions to the letter. You won't find better advice ANYWHERE!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds