Hi, all

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by OvenMaster, Mar 27, 2011.

1. OvenMaster

OvenMaster Private E-2

Just a hello to all. No matter how many forums I've joined over the years, it always makes me nervous to join a new one.
    Been a PC DIY owner for ten years, been involved with computers since 1982 (Fortran/Watfiv programming on punchcards, anyone?). My gear isn't the newest or the best, but it's mine and makes me smile.

Thanks for having me.

Tom

2. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Welcome to Major Geeks.
    Glad to have you here, I'm sure.
    Help out when you can,except in the Malware section.

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

[​IMG]
    to MajorGeeks Support Forums, OvenMaster!!

[​IMG]

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, OvenMaster.

Welcome aboard! :major

(Sure hope Crawford and Gonzalez will justify the big $$$ - ;))

5. OvenMaster

OvenMaster Private E-2

Um, why not the Malware section? Do I need a certain number of posts in order to help out there? Not that I'm any good at malware removal, but I'm just curious.

6. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

You can start threads there if you suspect you have malware infections, but only MG certified Malware Fighters can respond to help and direct removal.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Good question and I can answer

The Malware forum is special in that you have to be an authorised user to post into this section, or a very capable user in removing malware*.

Reason we changed the policy of anyone replying to malware questions was that it became a mess/confusing when multiple users posted their advice and a fair amount of it was wrong and could have made matters worse. Which is why as you will agree its best to have continuity in helping someone remove malware from their PC.

*Becoming A Malware Forum Helper

I hope this helps in showing you our position on malware help, the other areas of PC support are all open and free for anyone to post in, although we do have moderation and do review many posts for quality and accuracy so if a post disappears its due to being not that good to help the issue. Majorgeeks has always had a good standard of tech support and we will always keep it as good as we can.

8. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

Said much better than I could do. Thanks David.

9. OvenMaster

OvenMaster Private E-2

Fair enough! Thanks much for the clarification. My areas of experience are elsewhere, primarily hardware and software. I've seen other forums where someone has a malware problem and gets ten different replies... often with NONE of them working.

Thank you again :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds