Hi - and errors 1723 and 2732 one problem of many

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Cody_M, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Cody_M

Cody_M Private E-2

Hi all. I've used Major Geeks for downloads for forever but this is the first time for the member / post thing. So Here Goes!

My computer is ancient - Pentium II with Win 98 and IE6.0. OK, I know I'm a dinosaur but I can't afford new stuff. I know most programs no longer support Win 98 and I'm having trouble with updates.

Last night I tried to update Java (JRE 1.5 I think - can't verify) but the updates don't support Windows 98 and I get a message "missing dll in Windows Installer" so I tried to download (45 minutes) and install Java's "Offline Installer" but get the error messages 1723 and 2732.0. There is probably an answer somewhere in the forums but I could not find it.

I also cannot update or cannot fully update:
    Ad-Aware SE
    Internet Explorer (using 6.0)
    Flash Player
    AVG Anti-Virus
    Adobe Reader

I know that updating to XP would solve most of this but I can barely afford to eat or pay rent right now. So, if any one can help it would be most appreciated. Thanks ---- Cody :banghead

2. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and a warm welcome to the forums :wave

Your question would be best off posted in the software forum where you will get help quicker

best of luck
    Kes

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds