Hi - DHL Label Download....

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by scottmd1, Oct 23, 2009.

1. scottmd1

scottmd1 Private E-2

Hi all -

I have read the forum rules but not sure how to proceed. As we have disconnected the computer from the net.

My wife got an attachment in her email today - a zip file - in a letter that "came from" DHL saying they have a package for her.

Copied the .zip file to her desktop - right clicked - scanned for viruses - came up clean. Opened up the zip file - appeared to be a .xls file but was a set up file - something ran.

About 5 min. later disconnected it from the net.

Did a search on the net from another computer and it says this is mallware or spyware but no one says what it is.

How do I run the stuff you want me to run - should I reconnect my computer to the net to download all the software?

Does anyone know what that virus / scam actually installs?

Thanks in advance for your help - there are other computers on the network that computer used to be connected too.

2. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there and welcome to MG, follow everything in this link READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide and make your next post to the malware dept and then be patient and wait till someone gets to help you out as they are a really busy lot in the malware dept !
    P.S also follow the instructions to the book please as it only causes problems later on ! Good Luck ;)

3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG scottmd1 :wave Listen to Rusty, and head for the Malware forum.. Follow his link, he has provided you, and they will get you straightened out.. They are the Best, so please be patient... Follow what it says to do to the T.

Glad to have you, have a look around while you wait for a reply from the Malware Team ;)

4. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome Scottmd1, Sorry to here of the problems those nasty's can get on a persons nerves.
    and yes reconnect if you can. If you are having problems then copy from another pc and download to the infected pc. Your are in great hands over there in Malware. Have a look around the place and ask questions if you have them as there is always someone who has an answer.Enjoy.

5. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Do not reconnect at this point. Download the tools to a different computer and transfer them via cd to the infected one. Once you have run all the tools and have your logs, then start a thread in the malware forum explaining your problem and attaching the logs.

HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds