Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by aidan80, Mar 4, 2007.

1. aidan80

aidan80 Private First Class

Looks like I’m new here.. well.. so I’m here to say hello and tell you all a wee bit about me! :)

I’m from Ireland now living in Florida with my wife. I haven’t had a half decent gaming machine since I left home to come here back in November 05 :cry . Immigration is a total nightmare (especially when you do it by the book) it ate up all our cash.. almost took our souls and sanity with it:yum !

So after almost a full year of waiting for permission to work, which USPS returned to immigration for me, thanks USPS.. I eventually got to hunt for a job and found being an immigrant is really fun :( .. I got ignored for dozens and dozens of jobs until the Government was intelligent or unintelligent enough to hire me as a general office type person :wave

I had to give up looking for work as an IT Technician as I can only imagine that no one here understood any of my qualifications from back home and of course no one wants to phone Ireland for a reference. That and the fact every employer was ignoring me at the time, I have to imagine because I had no US job experience on my resume and the insane hype about “illegals” back then didn’t do much to help me. I ended up applying for anything and everything and got my current job..:p

So here I am..:D

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to MG's from a fellow irish.......

3. zeberdee

zeberdee Private E-2

Welcome to the forums Aidan80,

4. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

Welcome to Major Geeks :).

5. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Hey Aidan...welcome to MGs :)

Sorry you had such a rough start over here...that wasn't my experience at all having come here from England originally. However, the immigration process taking all my money was the same :p Hope things start to look up for you!!

6. aidan80

I'm glad you had a better start than I did, I think I had a bad case of Murphy's Law! After we hit that deer.. it all just hit the fan and stunk... until I got that job. Now I need a new job before I go insane stuck in that office!

7. aidan80

Thanks all for responding, I'm glad I'm not alone here being from Ireland and being an immigrant here in the US.:cool

8. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Oh no..there's quite a few of us infiltrators here :D

9. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds