Hi everyone !!!!!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by jellytots55, Nov 20, 2009.

1. jellytots55

jellytots55 Private E-2

Hi Everyone :wave

Yahooooooo.... a place where I know my problems will definately be sorted. A few forums I have joined have been, well to be polite, rubbish. My 4 yr old g/son even tried to help me out... (bless him).

Anyway, I'm from Liverpool UK and once I get the drivers installed for my printer I will be able to let you know about my puter, etc.

A few weeks ago I went to my usual website (cardmaking craft) & whooooosh, computer crashed, even before I had logged in. It's okay now thanks to a friend of my hubby's. Apparently this website had been infected with a trojan or worm, there must have been a huge amount of computers effected as there are a few hundred members from across the globe. It took me forever putting everything back on, as you can imagine. It's now nice & clean. I lost family photographs and quite a lot of craft templates, papers, etc.

Here's a question which I am desperate for help with. For some reason today, the disk drives are not showing up when I go to 'My Computer'. Btw I have windows xp home edition (sp3). All that's there is (A) floppy and (C:) Local disk. No sign of (D) or (E). Checked in Device Manager & there next to Sony cd-rw crx230ed & Sony dvd rw dw-u18a are yellow question marks.

Is there someone who can help a lady in distress :))), if I don't laugh I'd only cry !! :cry

Please please help :)

Eileen
    Liverpool UK

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Eileen

Anyone from Liverpool ( a great city IMHO) is very welcome on Majorgeeks, so Welcome :)

re-post your question in the Software area of the forum HERE again as many more members will see it their and also add what Windows version you are using and tell us if you did a clean or re-install of Windows on that PC as it makes a difference to recovery.

3. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

Welcome Jelltots55 (love the name)You've come to the right place for help for just about anything.LOL They are a great bunch of peeps here and Halo is in the top 40 :-D Have a look around and don't be afraid to post in any of the forums. Enjoy.;)
    BT
    btw I have 5 of those helpful little ones myself and yes they all have answers on how to fix the computer.rolleyes but you gotta love 'em.

4. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG jellytots55 :wave I am sure you will find lots of help!;)

5. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

welcome to Majorgeeks :)

6. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Welcome to MG :wave Jellytots55 you sound sweet :-D !

7. jellytots55

jellytots55 Private E-2

Thank you all so much & my (D) & (E) are now WORKING !!!!!!!!!!!:celebrate

I will be passing your link to all of my friends. A friend of my hubby's will be delighted with your site so I'll be sure to send him a link first.:wave

Thank you & have a great week:)

Eileen ;)

8. bigtrucks

bigtrucks MajorGeek

WOO HOO.:dancer We did it again.
    Of course we did it again. :-oLOL
    rolleyes To the best of my knowledge since I've been here I don't recall ever seeing anyone post that they still had their problems. This is a great place and We are grateful you chose MG's to get help. You couldn't have picked a better place.;)
    Now that you are up and running take a run around the place and do come back even if it's just to say hi.

BT

9. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds