Hi Folks

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by trevUK, Jun 5, 2016.

1. trevUK

trevUK Private E-2

Hi Folks,

Just thought I would say Hi, from sunny Clacton on Sea in the UK !
    Newbie to Major Geeks as a member.

Trevor

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's.

trevUK likes this.
  3. trevUK

trevUK Private E-2

Thanks Tim, you should also find a message from me, from a different direction as it were shortly !!!
    I have updated my Profile as well if anyone is interested in who I am and what I do :)
    Stay safe,
    Trevor

4. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi and Welcome to MajorGeeks. :)
    You'lle probably enjoy the Software & Hardware forums.

trevUK likes this.
  5. trevUK

trevUK Private E-2

Thank you Eldon,
    I agree with you and that's probably where I will spend most of my time along with security related stuff etc.
    At my age this is the ideal place to read other peoples problems, to see what's what and frequency of problems that crop up. I mainly consult for companies by request now, which is all done by word of mouth, so it means long gaps of nothing, then rushed off my feet for however long etc.
    I have been to MG many many times in the past, just never gotten around to joining, so now that I have I thought I would let folks like you know I am around and if I can help folks I will along the way.

One warning I will tell you now and others will pick up, I do tend to use fifty words when a dozen would probably be fine, but when it's mega important, it's short and concise !!
    Trouble is I like writing and do for a couple of company internal magazines. Keeps me out of mischief and helps the day pass, I don't like living on my own, but for now, that is the case. Although having said that it is growing on me, not sure if that's a good thing or not !!

Regards and thanks for the welcome,
    Stay safe,
    Trevor

6. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

I'm sure the administrators will agree... it's great to have a new member onboard who want's to help.
    With regards to 'security related stuff', only a handfull of malware fighters may post in the Malware Removal forum. Other members may only post there when seeking help.

DavidGP likes this.
  7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Trevor welcome to the forum and Clacton on Sea is a really nice place only been once when I was working in various places over the country.
    The malware forum is limited to specific users who are vetted for being able to confidently deal with all malware issues over the "I have a sort of clue" users, those are not bad but we wish to and have done for over 10yrs kept to a regimented malware forum that has gained us recognition, its only the malware forum that is member limited and in others any help is GREAT help.

I think always great to give back and share knowledge.

8. trevUK

trevUK Private E-2

Point taken, perhaps I should update my profile a bit more than it is :)
    However, Understood.

Stay safe,
    Trevor

9. DavidGP

Hey I'm like you I waffle quite a bit, when I get typing the fingers do not stop, I want them too but they have a mind of their own! I like your profile info, really good and the white coats, glad we do not in the NHS have to wear them now, not that I'm the stethoscope type around neck, dont need to advertise I know "some" healthcare.... more work for me!

David

10. trevUK

trevUK Private E-2

Hah, that's nothing, updated it this morning with some stories of my life so far !!

11. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Hi and a warm welcome to Majorgeeks! :)

12. DavidGP

Trev, OMG only think you missed out I think is how you like your coffee?

I agree with your comment on how folk treat you if you have an injury or are old, I hate the fact sometimes that in the NHS we speak to our senior citizens like children, unless they tell you they cannot hear well you do not need to speak to them like children, I love my weekly clinic as its for an age related eye condition and average age is 77yrs young, the life and stories I get told are awesome, especially as many are scared of losing sight.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds