Hi! I am new!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by karatemom05, Apr 11, 2007.

1. karatemom05

karatemom05 Private E-2

Hello Everyone!

This is my first post and I hope I do it right.....

OK, I have been using the Free AVG 7.5 and it got messed up after this last update...like a lot of other folks.

I have tried uninstalling it, re-installing it and repairing it to no avail. It is no longer in my add/remove programs and when I search for the file about 12 AVG-related things show up and they won't let me delete them. :cry Please help me get rid of this thing!!! My kids are mad at me because I am hogging the 'puter tying to "fix" it.

I can't install other anti-virus because they "see" the residual AVG.

I have a crappy Dell computer :crap and I am using Windows XP (is that all the technical stuff you needed??)

Thanks for any help,
    karatemom05

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

That should be enough info. Make sure you close AVG, it may be giving you issues because of something running. Another option is to boot into safe mode and uninstall it. Safe mode simply boots your pc without all of the drivers and startup items. Tap the f8 key while rebooting, and when the screen offers you a choice, choose safe mode without networking.

Let us know how you made out.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi and welcome to the forums...

4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

5. karatemom05

karatemom05 Private E-2

YEEHAAA!! IT'S GONE!!! YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY FOR SURE!! THANK YOU!!

I restarted in Safe Mode and deleted each file one by one. And I totally enjoyed it after being so mad at that darn program.

Any suggestions on how to remove RAMfreer 1.23 ?? DH downloaded it a while back and I can't find it anywhere to un-install it. It obviously isn't called RAMfreer. I saw it while I was in Safe Mode, but it didn't have a name it was just called the %RAM it was showing at the time I went into Safe Mode.

Thanks again for your help with the AVG.

karatemom05

Oh Yah, am I posting in the right place??

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds