Hi...I have some questions. :)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Herbivore_Hippie, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Herbivore_Hippie

Herbivore_Hippie Private E-2

Hey I was just wondering in terms of myspace if anyone knows how to make those really odd profiles that look nothing like the usual layouts. I dont mean like tiny profiles, but ones that format is completly different then normal ones.....i hope im not being too vauge

2. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

3. Herbivore_Hippie

ya like yours..your page kicks ass! And you lost me at css injected lol...what do i do exactly?

4. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

Mines pretty complicated, theres a lot of photoshopping for the poloroid styles and some overlays for the text and the rest is just basically writing your own webpage but putting it inside a single div

The link I gave you should get you on your way.

5. Herbivore_Hippie

oh ok..didnt see the link b4. Thanx!

6. Herbivore_Hippie

oh ok...didnt see the link b4. Thanx!

7. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

No probs, probably my fault I edited my post after, I was still looking for the link while I was posting.

I worked a bit off of the code from that page but just used some of the code to get a blank overlay, then just wrote the rest of the epage myself. The image are just some images I had in my graphics folder for web design work, if you need graphics like that you will need to find somewhere to host them.

Start out small, andjust have a play with the basic overlay, once you get it working you will be able to see how it all works and basically just write your own page.

8. Herbivore_Hippie

What does Div propertie text color mean? Like what ar Div parts of the profile?

9. Herbivore_Hippie

10. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

a div is a container, on my page you see several sections, each one of those sections (about me, friends, interests etc) is a div.

11. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Thanks for the explaination, Matt .....the smoke is starting to clear for me ....:) :)

12. Herbivore_Hippie

ok i hate to be a bugging kind of person but i found an overlay i liked. But when i type texts in them it doesnt show the text. Is there a code on top of a code i should have?

13. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

not really, you just need to think of the stuff inside the main div as its own page, everything inside that is just like a normal web page. The CSS just allows you to apply styles to certain items each time without having to use inline styles.

14. Herbivore_Hippie

I was gonna ask somethin else but i think ive got it now

15. Herbivore_Hippie

gah...nevermind i do have a problem ok....this section of the codes....div1 {
    background-color:ffffff; color:000000;
    border:2px solid; border-color:000000;
    width:250px; height:600px; overflow:auto;
    position:absolute; z-index:2; left:50%; top:0%;
    margin-left:-400px; margin-top:150px; text-align:center;
    visibility:visible;}

.div2 {
    margin-left:-125px; margin-top:150px; text-align:center;

.div3 {
    margin-left:150px; margin-top:150px; text-align:center;
    ..Now those divs r supposed to be where i write correct? my profile in each box shows div1 div2 div3 at the top so i figured if i earase the div and type in my own text it will solve my problem but it chages the whole format. do i type my text inside the {}? where do i do the text?

16. matt.chugg

matt.chugg MajorGeek

thos are just they styles, they define how the divs work, there will be some more code that will be put in another section that will look like this:

<div class="div1"> your text here </div>

17. Herbivore_Hippie

yay thank you i found where that was! You rock!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds