Hi, I'm new, not sure if I'm doing this right but here goes...

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by topaz_1956, Sep 19, 2006.

1. topaz_1956

topaz_1956 Private E-2

I recently downloaded "Adaware Away", just to try it and it said : (HKLM) IE Url Search Hook: default URLSEARCHHOOK missing. Ok, I read somewhere that this could be a false positive and that Adaware Away wasn't to good of a program. They recommended the use of "hijackthis"...so I ran it and here's what it said...hope you can help and I really hope I'm doing this right lol.

Thanks so much for your help!
    Topaz

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2006
  2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

3. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

4. topaz_1956

topaz_1956 Private E-2

Hi Lev, thanks...tried to remove the hjt info but it said it was to late...not sure what to do now.

Thanks,
    Topaz

5. topaz_1956

topaz_1956 Private E-2

Hi Blades, thanks for the welcome !

6. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Read the link I posted, so that in future you know how and where to post a HJT in the way described. The Admins will deal with your current posting as they see fit :)

If you are still having issues of a malware nature, and have read and followed this link http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407 , I suggest you create a thread in the Malware Forum, give as much detail of the problems you are experiencing as possible, and await assistance from the authorized Malware Fighters :) Good luck.

7. topaz_1956

topaz_1956 Private E-2

Thank you Lev, sure hope the Admins get to my stupid mistake b4 someone destroys my puter it's all I have :(

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Welcome Topaz, and I have edited your HJT log as I guessed thats what you were after, if you follow the link Lev posted and then re-post a new thread in the Malware forum, with the requested logs attached the guys in malware will gladly assist you :)

9. topaz_1956

topaz_1956 Private E-2

Thank you so much Halo...god bless you! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds