HI, i'm new to M.G.'s

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mammapantz, Dec 14, 2006.

1. mammapantz

mammapantz Private E-2

Can someone advise me please? For the past 2 years I've been on a network(2wire) shared w/ my husband. We've been using windows xp under one license. My old computer died and now I have a used Sony. Everything was great then I needed a new hard-drive. I had one installed with xp preinstalled. I ,For some unknown reason, tried to install my husbands xp(the one I had been using). They would'nt let me activate it even on a shared network. So now I'm on a 30 day grace period w/3 days left and counting. What should I do or do I even have any options? Can I roll back to the xp that was preinstalled when I bought the hard drive. I was under the impression that when you were on a shared network you may only need one license. I also have an unused Windows 95 OEM service release 2 CD w/ cd key. So i use that if anything ? Please, someone help me to resolve my pre Christmas Windows blues! I thank you for any replys.
    stacey:confused:

2. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)
    Please post your prob in the software section, will get better views there.

3. mammapantz

mammapantz Private E-2

how? I can't figure this place out. signed,
    stuck on stupid

4. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

click this link to the Software forum. Then click "New thread" at the upper right corner of the box and describe the prob again.
    Maybe a mod can transfer this thread there.

P.S. Don't click on all links you see ;). This one is clean.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2006
  5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Just got to the top of this page and click on " MajorGeeks Support Forums"..At the next page, scroll down til you find the software forum, click on it, click on start a new thread and post:)

6. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

It usually at least 3 people to guide me around, keep trying, good luck :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds