hi, i'm technologically impaired somewhat but i'm fun

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by onehelluvastory, Oct 25, 2015.

1. onehelluvastory

onehelluvastory Private E-2

i'm new. had my own IT guy for 21 years. I never had to fix anything on any computer ever. Now he's been given the walking papers, and its been just little old me troubleshooting and researching and either fixing or jacking things up worse. I'd give up but my percentage rate for fixing is still more than failure, so i'm hedging bets on me still.

I suck at terminology, am terrified (as i was trained to be) of my registry and running anything in safemode.

I like long walks on the beach and talking for umpteen hours before taking a breath. i'm wordy, witty, resourceful and strong like bull.

Forgive my verbal vomit, its just what i do and i've not been able to find editor software capable of simmering it down. Words are yummy and fun.

I got burning questions to ask before i screw up all permissions in my pc. prob a zillion more but that's the question of the day. waiting til i can post new threads. sigh. i'm impatient too. did i say that already?

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's..... ask away! :major

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Welcome to Majorgeeks :wave

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hey Welcome to the forum and you will find a great friendly bunch of "geeks!" and I see a few have already answered your question on permissions, thats a tough area but no doubt we will get you fixed up.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds