Hi, just have a quick posting question

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by mkybul, Jan 29, 2007.

1. mkybul

mkybul Private E-2

Hello, I am new to this and from searching around, this site seems to be referred to a lot and very helpful and straight forward. I have a few questions before I make a post for some issues I am having with my computer. If I see a thread that is related to my issue, can I reply directly to that thread and ask a question or add a comment or do I have to post a completely new thread? I have found some threads that are related to my issue but have not yet indicated if the issue has been resolved, so can I ask so in their thread or ask the member directly? Or would it be better to just post my own thread asking for help and wait for a response? I don't want to step on anyone’s toes or post out of line. Any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and welcome :)

Yes its best to start a new thread on your topic as some of the old threads and members who posted those questions may not be around or visit the site anymore to give you feedback as to wether the replies to their issue helped or not.

3. Sailor

Sailor First Sergeant

welcome to Major Geeks mkybul.
    No you shouldn't post in another person's thread asking help for your problem. If the thread was opened recently and this person still needs it you would only confuse him and people who are trying to help. Even if the thread has been inactive for months bringing it back o life can be confusing for others as well. Post a new clear thread describing your problem.
    It's good that you asked before doing it ;).

Edit: oops sorry, Halo, you must have posted while I was typing

4. mkybul

mkybul Private E-2

Cool, Thanks a mil for the response. I will open a new thread for my problem.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds