Hi, my first post

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by DC999, Dec 19, 2007.

1. DC999

DC999 Private E-2

Hello everybody at MG.com
    Why has it taken me so long to to find this site. It has been so useful already and i haven't even had to post a thread yet. My problem started with a ZLOB thing that managed to lose me all my hair, then i found you lot and followed the read me section in the maleware forum and , sorted !! Thankyou.

Now can someone point me in the direction of the forum for sorting out the task manager and all the processes that are running - i have no idea what most of them do, whether they are needed or how to find out, i'm sure they are slowing the my system down

Thanks in advance

p.s if someone needs to see whats on it how do i copy it to post on here

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

The Software forum will be the one for you to get replies on startups etc.

One good application to get is CCleaner its free and not only does it help clean your PC up but also has a startup section you can just take a screenshot of and attach it to a new post in Software on your startups issue ( just an easier way of showing us all what startups you have, there are other ways )

How to take screenshots
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26019

How to attach
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

3. DC999

DC999 Private E-2

Halo

thanks for the welcome and advice, going to software now

best regards

4. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Welcome to Major Geeks :major

5. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to the forums. the malware guys helped me get rid of the dreaded ZLOB aswell;)

6. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Welcome to the forums :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds