Hi, Newbie here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by ilana, Dec 3, 2006.

1. ilana

ilana Private E-2

I am older than dirt and probably should not have access to a computer, but it is my only acess to the outside world. I have not yet recovered from a hijacked pc. I took it to a repair tech and now I have to give up my cruise to pay for the damages.:eek:

I was not online long enough to download IE SP2 when Problems started. Now I see I have been hijacked not once, but twice.
    I will read for awhile (if I stay connectd long enough) and maybe, with your help get control of this dang machine and get back to classes online.
    ilana

2. insamaic

insamaic Guest

Good luck with keeping your computer clean, and I hope you save more money to go on that cruise. ;) If you have any questions, give us a yell. :)

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

hi ilana welcome to MG's... you'r never to old to be using a computer and take it from me you can teach an old dog new tricks. if you think you have been hijacked start a thread in the malware forum and the guys there will have you sorted in know time. this link will take you there. http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35 good luck...

4. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

Hi ilana, everyone diserves a pc. Every one's PC has been infected with something at one point or another. Majorgeeks is a great place to get your pc fixed and won't be accepting your Cruise cash to Boot.
    Welcome to Major Geeks..
    Jaza;)

5. nitecrawler

nitecrawler Guest

Welcome to majorgeeks.com ilana....enjoy your stay!

6. ilana

ilana Private E-2

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
    I am off to the malware forum as I prepare pc for hijack log. :)

7. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

8. ilana

ilana Private E-2

Ohhhh boy:confused:

I have read everything on preparing for a hijack log and done much of it. I cannot figure out #4 and do not have a printer to get instructions in the event I cannot log back on. So, I am awaiting the arrival of the pc tech before continuing. pc is blinking....got to run. I will get back to ya.
    ilana

9. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

Copy and paste the intsructions to notepad and use that in case you cant log back on.

10. Jazagod

Jazagod Command Sergeant Major

Ilana dont give up!!:eek:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds