Hi, nuther newbe with question ???

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by alex00, Nov 9, 2006.

1. alex00

alex00 Private E-2

:D First,-- Thanx to everyone involved in the Major Geeks Website--It's the Greatest !!

Question :confused: I was downloading a LARGE program, almost done and then :rolleyes: "error 404"----:eek: What is Error 404 ????
    Thanx
    Alex00

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Sadly you lost connection to the server, website or location you were downloading from.

If you were using a download manager then you should be able to resume if the server/download location supports this but if not using a download manager then you'll stadly have to start again.

A good free download manager is Download Express or Leechget 2006

3. alex00

alex00 Private E-2

Halo,
    Thank you so much for your quick response :) I will definately try both download engines ! Everytime I look for something in Major Geeks website I wind up feeling like a greedy kid in a candy store and become a downloading fool ! ( don't I just love it though !! ) ;)
    Thanx again,
    Alex00

4. DavidGP

Hahahahahaha @ downloading fool, me too... just never get around to trying all the things I like the look of and download to test :(

I hope it wasnt too big a download and is easy to get again.

and my manors..... WELCOME to the forum Alex00 :)

5. Bladesofhalo

Bladesofhalo MajorGeek

For a more official greeting ;)
    Welcome to MajorGeeks :)

6. alex00

alex00 Private E-2

Thanx Bladesofhalo

7. alex00

alex00 Private E-2

Thanx Halo, I finally did get the program downloaded :) It installed just fine :) But then---:confused: I got a "common language runtime ---" found that on the net :) but then--:eek: I got error messages---"process id=ox354(852) thread id=oxca8(3240), then "jit debugger not found" then-- "cordbg.exe ox354 then-error code "ox2"----:rolleyes: -----My patience muscles are sore from over exertion--- but I HAVE TO HAVE THIS PROGRAM !! :mad: sorry bout that, gotta watch that temper----:eek: I don't suppose you could help----
    sigh----
    ALEX00

8. alex00

alex00 Private E-2

Halo,
    Alex00 here and I'm not sure what I'm doing--- In the new members forum it says that I have 6 replys but I can,t get to them-- Am I reading it wrong? Is there something special that I have to do to get to my replys? I got yours because I recieved them in my regular email from this site ( I guess because I,m new) The notice said that I would have to sign into the forum to read any more replys--Please reply to this and I will see if I can get to it. If I don't respond in a normal amount of time, please email me at < email addy snipped to avoid the email harvesters> and tell me what I need to do.
    Thank you soooo much.
    alex00

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2006
  9. DavidGP

Hi Alex

You may have gained some extra emails that you cannot access as we had a server change and it is possible some of the email alerts goto the old forum area, however you will not have missed any of the replies as they will all be still here.

As to your problem off hand I have no ideas as yet, but post a new thread in the software part of the forum with as much detail as possible on thing slike What windows version you using and are you fully upto date with all service packs and updates, what is the software concerneds name, what is the full error and what have you tried already to fix the problem.

10. alex00

alex00 Private E-2

:) :) Thanx Halo,

I'll let you know----
    alex00

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds